HVAC Zoning Systems
Central heating and air conditioning is the most common way to heat and cool a home. However, your system may still struggle to keep every room the same, comfortable temperature all year round. If you’re ready to enjoy a new level of home comfort, consider upgrading to a zoning system.
AIS Heating & Air Conditioning has specialists on staff to help you decide if zoning is right for you. Please contact us at (510) 792-4328 today to learn more!
What is HVAC Zoning?
In most homes, one thermostat controls the heating and cooling needs of the entire house. This is akin to having a single light switch turn all the lights on and off at once, which would be inefficient and fail to meet the needs of every occupant.
Things are different with a zoning system. This solution features multiple thermostats and dampers in the ductwork that open and close automatically to manage the flow of conditioned air from your heating and cooling system. This allows you to control the temperature in different rooms independently based on the time of day, sun exposure, and occupant preference.
If zoning sounds like the solution you have been waiting for, call AIS at (510) 792-4328 to learn more about having it installed.
Is HVAC Zoning Right for My Home?
Zoning could prove beneficial if your home has any of these characteristics:
- Multiple stories
- Large open areas and vaulted ceilings
- Finished basement or attic
- Wings or additions extending off the main living area
- Many unused rooms throughout the house
- Expansive windows, especially if located on south-facing walls
- Different temperature needs in various rooms
- Specific heating and cooling requirements at different times of day
Do any of these scenarios apply to your home? If so, zoning could be an ideal investment. Contact us at (510) 792-4328 today for more information.
Benefits of HVAC Zoning
- Enhanced Comfort: Zoning ensures everyone is happy with the temperature in your home. For instance, the kids can play comfortably in the basement, even when Dad adjusts the thermostat to cool off his south-facing upstairs office.
- Increased Efficiency: The more zones you create, the more control you have over the temperature in every room. You can separate the upstairs, main floor, and basement into three separate zones, or assign zones based on occupancy at different times of day. Either way, you can expect energy savings by heating and cooling rooms based on how and when you use them.
- Greater Control: Zoning lets you change the temperature in different parts of your home with the touch of a button. Adjust the settings as frequently as you want, and install programmable thermostats to get the most out of each zone.
- Extended Equipment Life: Heating and cooling specific zones instead of the entire house all at once reduces your equipment’s workload. This lowers the strain on the system and helps critical components last longer, limiting the need for repairs and saving you money.
To learn more about the benefits of zoning, please contact AIS at (510) 792-4328 today.
Contact Us for a Free HVAC Zoning Installation Estimate
The zoning professionals at AIS can design the perfect system for your home’s layout and comfort requirements. Our reputation is built on offering quality workmanship, superior customer service, and affordable solutions that save you energy. Whether you want to install zoning for the first time or have your existing system repaired, we have you covered. Our straightforward pricing policy also ensures you know just what to expect before the work begins.
To learn more about zoning, or to schedule a free installation estimate in the Bay Area, please call AIS at 856-281-1297 or contact us online.